REX is a trendy movie theater that needs an improved seat reservation flow.
We need to update their user flow to adapt it to the new trends that the movie theater is supposed to be following. The main goal is to addapt the experience to the current needs of users.
Pilar & Fran are the User Personas of this proyect. These helped me reflect on the research I had done for this project. Allowing me to get a deeper look into the users lifestyle, characteristics, goals and frustrations.
Pilar is a Young student who needs to be able to secure her a Good seat at the cinema because she doesn’t want to depend on having money taht day to book the ticket.
Fran is a busy movie enthusiast whe needs a more catered experience because he wants to feel special at his trusted cinema.
Considering the features needed for the app, a site map was created thinking of how a user would interact with the product. Above is an Information Architecture laying out the features and characteristics.
The first step of the design process was user researching, now in the second step, it's time to build the app. Here I started with paper wireframes which are a very easy way to get all of your ideas out of your head, before actually comitting to a specific choice. Bellow you can see a set of the different variations that were thought for the homepage. The final one was a combination of all of these.
Digital wireframes where the best first step to transfer what was sketched on paper to a digital platform. With this level of fidelity, I could start testing a prototype that would help me with the flow of the app.
After wireframing was complete, I dived deep into the user interface, Thanks to the usability studies carried out in between these two stages I was able to create a set of high fidelity prototypes.Above you'll be able to see a series of this set.
A design guide was also created to be used as the pillars of the graphic design development. Clicking here, you will be directed to a separate page that focuses more on the brands identity.
Final step was to create a final prototype for a last round of testing to make sure that the prototype was functioning correctly. At the beggining of this page you can see a screen recording of the app prototype.
Responsiveness was also taken into account in this project, and the features where adapted to computer and tablet displays. Bellow you can see the design adapted to computer and phone devices.
In this project I focused a lot on the appeareance of the site, but I also learnt that aesthetics design is not the most important thing to focus on when working with UX.
App & Responsive Web Design
Directed by AKAWALO ESTUDIO Produced by AKAWALO ESTUDIO
Using Adobe XD